Content Contributor (Voluntary)
You will join a team of voluntary content contributors including Kassandra and Michael from the US and Viki, Sam and Beth from the UK. The team is run by Kris, our Chief Marketing Officer.
We are looking for writers or those interested in Streaming (via Mobcrush), who are keen to concentrate on the following areas;
- Mobile Gaming News (Android, iOS, Fire OS)
- Mobile Game reviews. We'd welcome your own reviews whilst you play games, but will also recommend games we'd like to be reviewed as well as provide promo codes for games we are sent.
- Top 10 Lists including best Card Battlers, Top 10 RPG's available on mobile, Top 10 Celebrity games, the list is endless.
- AR and VR - We'd love to increase the coverage of mobile based AR & VR. From accessories, to the games themselves. We are building several partnerships at present, so in the future we may be able to provide headsets for review. However, for now, news around AR & VR, reviews (if you have a headset) and opinion pieces are ideal.
- Insightful articles around mobile gaming. Mobile games revenue now exceeds that of both PC and Console, and doesn't look to be stopping anytime soon. Almost everyone you know plays a mobile game. We would love writers to come on board who can think outside the box, and write thoughtful opinion pieces on anything to do with mobile gaming. Examples include articles on indie development, mobile gaming habits, accessories, thoughts on In App purchases etc. The sky is the limit.
We are looking for writers who are keen to have their voice heard and get stuck in. You'll be free to pitch article ideas to us, as well as be provided with 'assignments'. We are not looking for writers who need to be asked to write something and when it comes to dishing out promo codes or even hardware to review, those who have shown willing will be chosen first.
- Skills you should have
We’d ask that you have some writing ability and experience with the English language. It doesn’t matter if you’ve not written for another blog or outlet in the past, but a desire to have fun and get your ideas across in an informative manner is key.
Whilst we cannot currently pay our writers, we hope we can interest you with the following:
- All your written work is published on blog.get-andi.com.
- Author Profile attached to each article containing links to your own personal website and social networks.
- Featured on get-andi.com/about as a “Freelance Content Contributor”
- Our tech team have completed integrating a news feed to the ANDi mobile app. Your articles could be featured within the app to users the world over.
- You’ll be invited to join our company Slack group and will have access to join in the conversation within several open channels, providing access and insight to the wider ANDi Games start-up team.
- All writers will also be invited to join the ANDi Discord server where there are already over 150 mobile gamers, indie developers, game studios, members of the press and streamers.
- You’ll also be free to join the private ANDi Beta Testers community. This group help us test new features and find bugs. As ANDi grows, we’ll be looking for ways to reward our Beta testers for their work and input.
- We’ll provide you with the games and hardware to review. This may come as promotional codes for mobile app stores or just links to free games we’d like covered. You are encouraged to submit reviews of games you buy yourself also.
- ANDi volunteers and attends some of the biggest game and technology events in the world. From TechCrunch Disrupt in London to Pocket Gamer Connect, EuroGamer, Mobile World Congress and others. We’ll be looking for people to come with us to future events to help provide coverage. We’ll be able request press/trade passes for your favourite gaming events and can even send you to behind closed door launch parties. Goodie bags anyone?
- ANDi Games is a registered member of both TIGA and Ukie. You may be called upon to attend members only events to provide coverage in and around the UK, gaining access and exposure to some of the industry’s biggest names.
- And of course, you’ll be working with one of the most exciting UK start-ups in the Gaming Industry. There is no end to the possibilities this may bring you, insights into start-up culture, meeting the team in London and potential future paid positions within ANDi Games Ltd.
- And finally, we would encourage you to add your position with us to your C.V – We’ll even provide references upon request.